Weekends are awesome and mine are usually full of something. I work one in three weekends and the other two I usually spend with my boyfriend or if I’m not with him, I’ll go home to visit my parents. Not this weekend. This weekend I found myself not working (while the BF has too.. heh heh sucker!) with some free time just for me! Thinking about all the possibilities of what I could be made me giddy with anticipation!
So here’s what I ended up doing this weekend:
I went for supper with a friend Friday night. Potato skins are quite possibly my most favorite food ever!
- I went to Body Pump at the gym Saturday morning. I was really excited about this one, although my poor arse wasn’t as it was still recovering from Thursday’s 20/20/20 class.
- I watched ‘Cooking with KitchenAid’ on The Shopping Channel. I already have a KitchenAid stand mixer (purchased from TSC of course!). I really wanted the 5qt glass bowl and flex edge beater they were featuring as bonuses…. and the pasta roller and fettucine maker.
- I tried one of those new lattes from Tim Hortons. I’m not a huge fan. I much prefer Second Cup, Starbucks, or even McDonald’s lattes. And what’s with Tim’s changing the names of the sizes of cups?? I was so confused. And who needs the extra large? That coffee is huge!!
- I worked on my blog. I figured it would be a good idea to figure out how to actually publish a post.
- I made Peanut Butter Brownies. That’s two out of 50 brownie recipes down, 48 to go.
- I went to see the Vagina Monologues with the people from work for our staff ‘Christmas Party’. Ya, we were a few months late on that one.
- I played Scattergories and the only drug name I could think of that started with “W” was warfarin. And then someone else had that so I didn’t even get the point.
- In search of a Greek pasta salad recipe as good as the Summer Fresh one, I tried a recipe from The Looneyspoons cookbook. I misread the recipe and put in 1 tbsp of sugar instead of 1 tsp. Oh, and I almost forgot to put in the feta cheese. Still not as good as Summer Fresh, and I don’t think it was just because of the extra sugar.
- I went for a walk and found an igloo
So, as you can see, I was pretty busy. What were you up to this weekend?Peanut Butter Brownies (#17 in the ‘50 Brownies’ insert from the March 2012 issue of Food Network Magazine) 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips 1/2 cup margarine 3/4 cup brown sugar 3/4 cup sugar 4 eggs 1 tsp vanilla 1 cup flour 1 cup chopped peanuts 1/2 cup peanut butter Preheat oven to 325°. Grease 9×13 pan with the margarine wrapper. Melt the chocolate chips and margarine over low heat while stirring. Take off heat and whisk in both the sugars. Let cool somewhat (I tend to be impatient, so I didn’t wait that long). Whisk in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Stir in the flour then fold in the peanuts. Pour into pan. Drop spoonfuls of the peanut butter on top and swirl around with a knife. Bake for 45 minutes. I found these tasted better once completely cooled. I wasn’t super impressed with them when they first came out of the oven, but the next day with a glass of milk they were quite delicious!