1. I had a dream the other night that a squirrel came into my house through a gap between a screen and a window. I may have woken up worried that there was a squirrel in my bed.
2. I’m scared to do yoga outside on my deck in case the squirrel shows up and climbs on me during savasana.
3. I actually haven’t seen the squirrel in about a week.
4. Did I ever tell you about how my landlord told me that a lady on the fourth floor had raccoons on her deck last summer? If I saw a racoon on my deck, I would die.
5. I had this sparkling sangria from The Bicycle Thief last night. It was pretty tasty. So was their red ravioli.
6. Then I had an Avalanche Beaver Tail for dessert. It was delicious. And messy.
7. I started reading Divergent last weekend, and when I got to page 25, there must have been a publishing error because it was completely black. Then I went to Amazon to look at the book preview, signed up to get the extended preview, only to discover that they only preview the EVEN pages. Did a Google search and found page 25 as part of a first 100 page preview, so I kept reading. Then I got to page 48 and it was the same black page! At least I knew where to look for it.
8. Is it bad that I find an 18 year old fictional character sexy? He’s all muscley and has tattoos. Is it less creepy because in my mind, I think of him as in his mid-twenties, because obviously I am too old to read young adult fiction?
9. I need to go out and buy the sequel, Insurgent, today.
10. So now that I am completely invested in Divergent and in love with it almost as much as Hunger Games, I realize that the third book of the trilogy isn’t out yet and won’t be available until the FALL OF 2013!!! I don’t know what I’m going to do until then.
11. As you may have heard about on Facebook, I tried to grill corn in its husk, and sort of caught it on fire. Luckily, the BBQ didn’t blow up.